CalFresh, aka Food Stamps or EBT, can put a little extra in your pocket for buying groceries. The process is very bureaucratic, but once approved you get a card you can use like a debit card at almost all grocery stores. Get up to $250/month in free food benefits.
To qualify you must…
- Meet income requirements
- Be a US citizen (except if receiving SSI/SSP benefits) or a legal permanent resident
- Be enrolled as a student at least 1/2 time
- Work at least 20 hours a week; or be eligible for work-study; or be a parent who needs to care for your child under 12
Ways to Apply
- Do-it-yourself at students.getcalfresh.org!
- Go to a UC Berkeley “Group Application Session,” or request help from a CalFresh Ambassador. Book online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.